Milk Paint – An Environmentally Friendly Paint
Milk paint is a non-toxic, fade-resistant paint made from milk protein (casein), clay, and lime and earth pigments. It is the earliest known paint and some people believe it has existed over twenty thousand years.
Because the milk paint would spoil; just like milk. It wasn’t able to be distributed well. The advent of latex paints changed the paint industry forever. However, the first latex paints were made partly by using the first milk based paint formula.
The main selling point for milk paint is that you don’t get the fumes and as many toxic chemicals that are in other latex based paints. It is a more natural product. You won’t be as likely to get the headaches and allergic reactions that some people get to paint. Recent milk paints are said to be so non toxic that they could be drank without hurting yourself. Don’t do it, of course. We are not liable for you drinking paint.
One internet testimonial, Gregg from Vermont, claims that he spilled milk paint into his aquarium and it didn’t kill the fish. Amazing!
Works Cited (milk paint dot com)